Policy-makers, both at national and European levels, are encouraged to adopt the Policy Recommendations and therefore enable dissemination of the project results to relevant stakeholders and policy-makers.
The Policy Recommendations are based on the results of #europehome project and are as follows:
NATIONAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS:
- To consider national strategies for development, innovation, internationalization of HEI-business initiatives
- To ensure that HEI curricula meets the current and forecasted needs of the EU, national and local labour market
- To offer scholarships/special awards to students, graduates, HEIs and companies for outstanding achievements in common entrepreneurial initiatives
HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS:
- To establish an international/cross-border network of companies interested to host local and international students for part-time placements and set a cooperation system in close collaboration with university services such as IROs and internship offices
- To increase the offer of entrepreneurial courses (either optional or compulsory) across all study fields
- To create a variety of concrete support mechanisms for students that allow gaining additional value from the international (exchange) studies
- To offer academic flexibility to students interested in gaining both academic and professional experience while studying abroad
- To create a concrete win-win mechanism for companies to host local and international students and cooperate with universities across the EU
- To create structured and regular dialogue between business representatives and universities about the essential elements, competences and knowledge that should be included in the HE study programmes
- To involve business representatives in student projects (in the role of a leaders, advisers, team members, sponsors etc.